Sat, Oct 24|
Don't Make Me Change Schools Again!
An interactive presentation for foster and kinship parents hosted by AZ Grandparent Ambassadors and the AZ Dept of Education
Time & Location
Oct 24, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
About the event
This presentation/training is for kinship foster parents to better understand:
- Federal educational rights of children in foster care
- Collaboration with schools, child welfare agencies, & foster youth supporting organization
- State support of children in foster care within the school setting
- Foster care transportation to school
- Community school resources to support youth in foster care
We will have a conversation with AZ Dept of Education Foster Care Coordinator Joey Taylor.
Hailing from the hills of South Phoenix, Joey Taylor was formed, raised, and educated in Arizona. Joey has a diverse background that spans the halls of jail, the desks of exceptional students, and the homes of families in crisis. Currently serving as the Foster Care Education Coordinator for the Arizona Department of Education, Joey oversees every public school & charter to ensure the successful implementation of the educational rights of students in foster care. Joey strives tirelessly to support educators, child welfare workers, and caregivers to impact children in foster care and promote their bright educational future.